Writers of original sea stories are requested to submit their work for consideration to be published in The Sea Adventure Collection.
All sea stories submitted must include characters aboard a ship, boat, yacht, submarine, etc. or ashore in a port of call. Stories involving navy, coast guard, marine, merchant, fisherman, yachtsmen, harbor pilot, lighthouse keeper, stevedore or any other seafaring trade, and from any country, fleet, military, corporate or private sector will be considered. Stories must be original works, written in English approximately 500 to 4,000 words. Stories must be fiction or if they are true stories the character’s names must be changed to protect private persons. Story plots may include, but are not limited to adventure, war, thriller, crime, sci-fi, comedy, history, disaster, horror and / or romance. R rated stories are okay, but X rated stories will not be considered.
The goal is to collect between 25 and 50 stories and publish them in paperback and eBook format under the title: The Sea Adventure Collection, Volume 1 by October 1, 2017. Selection and editing will be done by Malcolm Torres. The Sea Adventure Collection will be published in paperback book and eBook formats on Amazon. Going forward, additional volumes of the Sea Adventure Collection will continue to be published twice per year. Here are guidelines for interested authors:
- Submit stories to: email@example.com in MS Word or any other popular word processing format.
- Expect to hear back within 1-month on whether or not your story has been accepted for publication.
- Proofread and spell check your story before you submit it, but the editor understands that a good sea story is sometimes written by a sailor who is unfamiliar with the rules of writing in the English language (and that’s ok). Appropriate proofreading, spell checking and editing will be done to improve every published story as needed, and the author will have final approval before publication.
- If your work is accepted for publication, you will be asked to sign a release form granting the publisher, Malcolm Torres, permission to publish the story in print, eBook and blog formats. The author will retain all other copyrights.
- Proceeds from the sale of The Sea Adventure Collection will be dispersed as follows:
- 60% of proceeds will be donated to a Seaman, Mariner or Veteran’s Service Organization such as a retired sailor’s home, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Wounded Warrior Project, etc. or other organization serving Seaman or Mariners.
- 40% of the proceeds well be retained by the editor, Malcolm Torres, to pay for book cover artwork, book design, proofreading, advertising, website hosting, book printing and shipping expenses.
- Send all questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org